Friday, November 7, 2008

10 things I have learned from Twitter

10. "Twitter is a great place to get blog ideas" @TDefren

9.
"Talking to a real person from a company can actually win my business. It creates emotional ties that wouldn't otherwise be there." @MandyBee

8. Comcast does care. Really.

7. "How to say more with less" @tjpip

6. Twitter is a lot better at breaking news than the main stream media.

5. Summize is a great tool for tracking conversations.

4. Twitter is a great place for finding coupons for just about any major online retailer.

3. Sometimes I do care what people have for lunch. I've seen some great recommendations on twitter.

2. Gary Vaynerchuck. I first learned about him when someone posted a link to his web 2.0 keynote address. I'm a dedicated Vayniac (I think that is the correct term)

1. It is an incredible learning tool. Follow the right people and they will deliver some very valuable insights whatever your passion might be. A solid list of people to check out can be found here.

What have YOU learned from Twitter?