Monday, November 28, 2011

I'm NOT Sorry!

When a tweet gets noticed, is the spotlight a good or bad thing?

A high schooler in Kansas recently tweeted a not so glowing message to the Governor, his people noticed it and pushed for an apology.  The teens High School requested she write an 'I'm sorry' letter and she refused.  Standing behind her 1st amendment rights the teen received an apology from the Governor and her high school backed down.

One Tweet put this teen in the spotlight; national tv attention, an increase of 9,000 twitter followers and national conversation.  But, I have to wonder is this type of attention good or bad for what I'm guessing is a college bound teen.

Take a look at the Tweet that caused the commotion and let me know what your think.  Good attention or possible negative consequences?

Tweet: “Just made mean comments at gov. brownback and told him he sucked, in person #heblowsalot"