Tuesday, September 6, 2011

More iPhone confessions

I thought I was going to buy an iPhone, I really was...but then I started thinking (bad idea). I'm already shelling out over $200 a month for a 'family plan,' not to mention a line I'm not even using because my oldest son bailed on us to get an iPhone on AT&T. So now I'm looking at the price of an iPhone4 (starting at $199) and a data plan for another $40 a month...

Enough already. I was lucky because our office just bought a new iPad2, which actually does everything I need it to do (send and receive emails, download cool apps, conduct web searches, watch movies, take videos) without dealing with the phone stuff. The fact that my daughter also needed money for her rent this month also had a lot to do with my decision.

I guess I 'm going to have to deal with my still-usable 'feature phone' for a few more months until the much rumored iPhone5 or a cheaper iPhone4 sibling appears.

No one said being a TechnoDad is easy. The good news is that when I do switch over to a smartphone, I can start to wean the family off of super-expensive text messaging!