Monday, November 10, 2008

I'm a PC and I'm Finally on Message

Microsoft have been running a series of YouTube ads on their channel for the last two months now. They started off the much-hyped "I'm a PC" campaign with two funny but irrelevant Jerry Seinfeld and Bill Gates ads. They were successful in generating buzz and WOM but there was hardly a message behind the ads.

Now Microsoft is releasing ads backed by different musicians and athletes showing how they use PC's. So far, the three ads released have been viewed over 2 million times. My favorite of the three is below. Although, I'll admit that I'm biased towards the ad since I'm a huge fan of GirlTalk. At least we are now with an ad that talks about what the PC can do instead of an ad talking about wearing leather shoes in the shower.