Wednesday, September 10, 2008

New Facebook Today

My first reaction to the "New Facebook" compared to the "Old Facebook": Meh. Nothing too special. Everything seems clumped into one pile in profiles now.

But, today marks the official release of the New Facebook. Users will be forced to switch over to the new Facebook by the end of the week.

After browsing around on the new Facebook, I'll admit that I enjoy it. I was a skeptic, but the new features won me over.

The feature that I love the most is the homepage. The different tabs make things a lot easier and clear up some of the clutter.


The tabs on the home page almost remind me of scrolling through different RSS feeds. I'm sure plenty of people will hate the new facebook, just as they hated the mini-feed. This is a step forward for Facebook. I'm going to embrace it.