Monday, August 18, 2008

Open Letter to the New Facebook


Dear New Facebook,

How do I hate thee? Let me count the ways...

1. Your format: I now have to scroll through all of my friend's applications before I get to their basic info, like email and phone number. I don't care if Alyssa has "Pirates vs. Ninjas", or if Greg has "superGift!". I just want to talk to them. Like a person.

2. Non-collapsable newsfeed: Finding out that my friend across the country is attending "Erin's 21st!!!" isn't at the top of my agenda.

3. Strange men friending me based on my picture. I miss the privacy of the old Facebook!

4. Most importantly, I hate that you didn't take the time to prevent phishing scams like facelibook. I realized today that this site is still not blocked by Safari. Sure, this may be coming soon, but the patch will most likely not be able to predict future phishing scams.

The good news is that we can remember a simpler facebook by clicking a button on the upper right, "return to Old Facebook". May this button last forever.

In Hopes of Better Facebook Times,

The Last Unicorn