Friday, August 29, 2008

Facebook A Movie?


According to BBC News, Aaron Sorkin, writer of the first four seasons of West Wing and several movies, is working on writing a movie about Facebook. In the interview he was quoted saying, "I honestly don't know how it works" and goes on to say that the first step was to open a Facebook account of his own. Aaron (actually his research assistant) also started a Facebook group where Facebookers can go and leave feedback and comments for him to aid in the research efforts.

This is quite possibly the worst idea I have heard in a while. You better believe I joined his Facebook group and left my comment. He admitted it himself - he doesn't understand Facebook. If he did, Sorkin would understand that it cannot be made into a good movie. As far as I can tell, there is nothing about Facebook that would make a compelling storyline that could sustain a movie.